Moving has been stressful and I am so glad to do it with Steve. We keep telling each other this phrase and it is because it is so true-"we make a good team." Often one of us will be stressed and it often comes out in anger towards the kids. One of us will still be calm and we remind each other to calm down. Having a newborn and making an international move from a state you have no family to rely on during the interim is not easy. You become carless and homeless. All your belongings are taken away for months. Some you won't see for years. The biggest blessing was my friend Jessica offering her home and van to use while they were out of town during the time we need these things. Words cannot express how much this helped us, especially with a newborn.
We took a Super Shuttle to the airport and filled the entire van with us and our things. 14 bags, stroller, and car seats! That doesn't include backpacks for everyone. 8 carry ons! It was quite a sight. The kids helped tons and the smart carts saved us.
Even little Megan pulled her own weight. I am so proud of all my kids for being so brave and helpful through all this. It really has been several crazy months.
I said goodbye to my neighbor and dear friend Atiya. Everyone deserves a friend and neighbor like her. Heavenly Father knew I would need her in my life the last 4 years and gave me her. When you have no family to rely on and have a friend that feels like a sister just a few houses away, life is simpler and better. She watched my kids countless times, picked them up when I couldn't, listened to me for hours, spent time with me when I needed someone, and always had eggs and milk when you ran out and were in the middle of a recipe. I don't know what I will do without her, not to mention my 3 oldest kids were best friends with her 3 children.
We blessed Landon a week ago. Steve gave him his name and a beautiful blessing. We had family in town for that and it made it even a more special day.
Sarah and Tucker. We sent Tucker to live with my sister Lisa's family. Her 4 kids were so excited to get a dog. I hope the excitement lasts. We have had Tucker for 5 years, 5 long years for me. I like dogs, just not living with me. The kids loved Tucker and were sad to see him go. The kids always helped with Tucker. He is a good dog. I just couldn't wrap my head around 5 kids and a dog moving to Germany.
I love his picture of Megan trying already to teach Landon how I play with toys. Priceless moments. I love being a mom.
Sarah's same age cousin Livia was able to come out to visit with Grandma andGrandpa Dryden. They had a fun time getting to know each other better and playing.
With family in town the last few weeks we ventured to Cunninggam Falls. It was way too long of a drive there and back though. Especially when you have to stop to feed the baby and get lost driving. Yes, that would be me . Steve could not make it because the packers were at the house. We had 4 days of packing and loading different shipments over a week.














1 comment:
Yay! So glad to fin ld your blog and read your recent posts! You inspired me to play a little catch up on our blog so I've been trying to do that. I'm looking forward to following all the fun things you do in Europe! And love reading your posts about your last little while in Maryland.
Post a Comment