Sunday, October 5, 2008

THESE ARE THE DAYS TO REMEMBER!















Life is so busy all the time...but I am thankful for that! Steve is working a lot (7 days a week and long hours). He is so tired, but loving what he is doing. This last week he had an incredible opportunity to participate in doing surgery on 2 guys that were injured in Iraq. One was a gun shot to the face (self inflicted unfortunately) and the other was a crushed face from a vehicle rollover accident of some sort. The surgeries were 10 plus hours long. Yes, that is 10 hours of work on your feet without a single break. He is amazing if you ask me. I am so proud of all that he has learned and they way he gets to serve people and our country. Most of his days are about 16 hours of work too. Then he comes home and studies or prepares presentaions. Life of a resident I guess. And he doesn't comlain. However, he is REALLY looking forward to going to Utah next week and relaxing.

The weather is changing and fall is already here. I love this time of the year. It is nice to pull out the jackets and sweaters and enjoy the beautiful world we live in.

Tyler is growing up so fast. He is FINALLY going to sleep on his own and sleeping a decent amount before awakening. I am thrilled and scheduled a babysitter this past Friday for the first time since he was born. FREEDOM for me! Steve and I were planning to go to a ceremony where his new program director was being made colonel, however, Steve was stuck in one of the surgeries I mentioned. So I kept the babysitter and went grocery shopping at Costco alone! That was an amazing feeling. Steve arrived home shortly after that and we went to dinner. That was amazing too...eating with no one to bother you. Oh how I love those moments!

Sarah is doing so well in school. She is already reading on a level 7, and the school wants the kindergartners to be reading at level 4 by the end of the year! She loves words and is constantly writing books and trying to spell the best she can. It is so cute to see her write the words the way they sound. Hopefully I will get around to scanning one of her books and posting it soon.

Kate is going crazy without Sarah. She is so lonely. I need to arrange more play dates for her. This week she said she wished she was Sarah because Sarah gets to go to a fun school all day, everyday. She asks me everyday if it is a Joy School day.

As for me, I just finished painting my kitchen area. I am still in shock of how much better it looks. I am so happy about how it turned out, although it is still just an ordinary kitchen. It feels so warm now. The paint was left here by the last tenants. I did it during the day, which means I ignored my kids. Kate watched lots of TV and Tyler played around my feet. I just kept throwing different toys his way and lots of snacks to the floor. I felt like a horrible mother, but there was no other option. At least it is done. I have Tyler's room left, and then I will stop and just enjoy (although all the other rooms still drive me crazy).

Watching conference was as crazy as I expected, but it still was nice. I can't wait to read the talks when they come out. My basement was a complete disaster as the kids played around us. When President Monson was talking about having toys all over the floor, handprints everywhere, and constant laundry, Steve said, "there you go honey!" I am grateful for his reminder to enjoy this time as it will be over before I know it.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

UTAH!? You are coming out? Please let us know when we would love to see you! I love all of the pictures, but the ones of the 3in the bath remind me so much of when I just had the older 3 and how long ago that seems, and that it really does go by so fast!! Too fast. We love you all. Your kitchen looks beautiful and so clean, as always. And I love how you described throwing various toys down, that is me during homeschool all the time. But we do what we have to. (:

Cheryl said...

P.S. it was also fun to read about what Steve is up to these days. I can't believe how long he works. That has got to be so hard on both of you! Glad you get a break from that next week.

The Fisher's said...

I can't believe how big Sarah is getting, she is growing up too fast! Your kitchen looks good, I hate painting and my kids get totally neglected too, but it doesn't make you a bad mom!

Dana said...

It was so nice to hear what Steve is up to. I know I just talked to him on the phone, but I guess I didn't ask him what his days are like. I'm a bad sister. j/k. Thats so neat about Sara in school and Kate is such a doll. Tyler is such a cutie! I love you guys. Oh, I am so glad you were able to get a babysitter and go out to dinner with Steve!

Laura said...

Wow! Alot going on for you guys as usual! Your kitchen looks great, Erica! Good for you for doing that with a little guy crawling around, that can be difficult! Way to go Sarah with your reading, you are such a smartie. I am so glad you had some alone/date time with Steve, you guys deserve it. And shopping at Costco by yourself?! You did have a good day! We love you :)

Natalie said...

Cute kids! I think Tyler looks a little like Tyson. We would love to see you when you come but I know you will be busy. So if you have time.

amy and josh said...

Way to go Ca-Ca! I am so proud of all your hard work! I am sure that Tyler's room looks great now too since you have painted it. It is so fun having you here in Utah. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how grown-up they are! Love you!