Monday, July 20, 2009

Swimming, Swimming, Swimming!

We have had so much fun with our pool this summer. Sarah and Kate have had swimming lessons every day for a month and they love it. Then Sarah swims in the afternoon with the team for an hour, and we usually spend time playing at the pool beforehand. And to top that off, we have been doing swim meets 2-3 times a week! It has been the greatest, but exhausting keeping a tight schedule. Sarah has done so well and went on to the last meet called Divisionals. It is for the top 2 swimmers in each age and category. Sarah competed in the backstroke and did really well for her age (I think she may have been the youngest one competing in that stroke. Most of the girls were 7 or 8). We are so proud of her. Sarah also learned the freestyle and breaststroke this year. The best part of all this is that she absolutely loves doing it! Kate is just a few years behind her and I see her loving swimming too! And Ty has no fear of the water at all and will follow his sisters I am sure. We will miss this swim team next summer...hopefully we will find something just as good wherever we end up.


Sarah getting ready to swim.



Happy 4th of July...we made these shirts with the swim team for the meet on the 4th!


Kate getting ready to swim.


Hanging out at the pool! Kate was awarded the "Dedicated Dolphin" award because she was always at the pool and all the events her sister was in! And she was always a good sport about it. It helped that there were so many fun friends to play with there!

Tyler is very good at yelling GO, GO, GO to the swimmers!



The Backstroke Queen (of the Flower Hill Swim Team at least!)


Kate swimming the Kickboard.



Sarah swimming the freestyle...she is in the 3rd lane...this was not a real meet. It was one that was done after class.

6 comments:

Lisa D said...

I need to get my kids swimming more :) Maybe next summer! Your kids are adorable. We sure miss you already!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Looks like fun! I love that picture of you guys with your patriotic shirts!

Dana said...

Aaron and I loved watching the videos! I love that they had a race with a kickboard! I love swimming too! Good job to Sara and Kate and like you said, I am sure Tyler will be following them in there footsteps:)

Mike and Gloria said...

Way to go, Sarah! Great job cheering on your sister, Kate and Tyler! We love you guys so much and can't wait to see you SOON!

Cheryl said...

These are the cutest pictures!! I love them. I love you all!

Laura said...

Sarah has quite the little swimmer's body... it's like she was born to swim. She is such a darling talented girl.