Just after Erica and the kids left for Utah, It decided to snow 22 inches in Maryland. Sarah was sad that she missed it. While they were gone, I decided to go to the Temple Visitors Center for one of the nightly performances. Due to the large amount of snow, the performance was cancelled, but luckily the lights were still on. The temple grounds were very pretty.
We went out to Utah to spend with Erica's family for Christmas. Erica's father was recently re-diagnosed (following a liver transplant) with a form of terminal cancer. We had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa and hope for another miracle. The kids are just vegging out with Grandma and Grandpa watching a movie. As you can see, Kate was very into the movie.
We were originally going to have Christmas back in Maryland and Grandma and Grandpa Dryden were going to be coming out to. Fortunately, they could change their schedule and decided to spend a little time with us while we were in Utah. (Thanks Cheryl for the cute hats for the girls - they love them and wear them all the time.)
Kate and Grandpa Dryden. They have a special connection. Kate always loves to be with him.
Of course a trip to Utah, wouldn't be a complete trip without a visit to Great Grandmas.
Cute story: About 6 months ago Sarah started telling us that she wanted Santa to bring her some scriptures for Christmas. Just before Christmas, we went to the mall to see Santa, and of course, he asked Sarah what she wanted. Her response, "I want Scriptures." Santa's response was, "scriptures? (add voice inflection)" After we left Sarah told us that she didn't think that Santa knew what scriptures were and she was a little disappointed. We had to explain that some of the Santas in the Mall are just helpers and that the real Santa would know. Guess what? He did. And she was thrilled.
All Tyler can talk about is trains (cousin Ashley here too).
Temple Square in Salt Lake. It was sooooo cold. But we had a great time.
Livia and Tyler shared a birthday party while we were out there. Yeah- Chuck E Cheese!
I think that Tyler has the idea.
Tyler and Livia blowing out candles.
After a little coaxing, I was able to convince Sarah and Kate that it was safe to go down together. They had a blast.
I took Tyler down. He was a little freaked out. Rightly so, I was a little freaked out too, we almost crashed.
5 comments:
It was fun to see Erica and the kids for a short time while you were here. Sorry we missed you Steve. I love the girls hats! Where did Cheryl get them if you could ask for me? I hope you guys had a good time and that your Christmas was a memorable one!
Love you all lots!
I love that story about Sarah and the scriptures!! So cute. Once, in cali., for Thanksgiving, in school, Tess wrote she was thankful for "The Stripling Warriors." (This was actually displayed with for the parents in the classroom), When Tess' teacher asked her who they were, Tess said, "You don't know?" Cute. Ok, well we miss you, I love all of the pictures and so happy that Sarah and Kate love their hats, they look so pretty in them.
That picture of the DC temple is so great!
It looks like you guys had a great time together with Erica's family. It looks like you and Tyler are going so fast down the mountain! Good thing you didn't crash!
Awesome pictures, I almost feel like we were there... maybe it's because Steve looks exactly like John going down that snowy slope!
Post a Comment