Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A New Home

We are finally homeowners (11 years since we were married)! I am not sure how good of a thing this will be, but we are happy so far. It (to buy or not to buy) has given us a lot of mixed emotions over the last 2 months of looking for a house, but we excited for the new adventure this home will bring to us. The backyard is going to be a lot of fun too (.65 acre lot). I will post some more pictures later. Wish us luck over the next few weeks! And it looks like the picture gets cut off once I publish, so I will have to have Steve fix that. I am not good with this thing! Oh, you can click on the picture and it all opens up after that.


Home Sweet Home!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Erica, your home is beautiful!! Are you in the same city? I can't believe how much land you have. I am so happy for you guys!

Natalie said...

Congrats! It is a beautiful home and we are so excited for you guys!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

So excited to be "neighbors"! It is going to be so much fun!!!!!!!! I talked to Luke's preschool teacher who has a daughter Sarah's age who goes to your new elementary school. She said you guys should have a playdate so her daughter can introduce Sarah and Kate to their new school!

alli taggart said...

congratulations! and yay for a big yard!

Nicole said...

WOW! Beautiful! Congratulations! It is definately a lot of stress buying a home...but it will be worth it!
(the yard work would stress me out! :)

Erica said...

I agree the yard is a little too big, but Steve disagrees! I think he just wanted a new toy-a riding lawn mower! Honestly, you couldn't get it done any other way. And here in Maryland, you don't have to water your grass! That is the beauty of nature back here-green naturally! The right house just ended up having a huge yard. But it will be fun.

The Fisher's said...

Congratulations!! The house is beautiful---almost exactly what you picture the ideal home to look like when you think of owning a home (does that make sense?) You deserve it, so enjoy it and the new adventures it will bring!

Katie said...

Congrats you guys! You will have lots of fun making it your own. Are you still going to be in the same ward now? Tell Kate hi for me.

Dana said...

Its beautiful! I love it. I can't wait to visit.

Mike and Gloria said...

We can't wait to come and visit you in your new home. We are happy for you. It looks like a very good investment. Lots of love!

Laura said...

Holy Cow! Gloria just told us the news, we are SOOO excited for you guys!! Yes, I would say after 11 years of marriage you should have a house, you deserve this wonderful blessing. Your new home looks absolutely beautiful, congratulations! Now invite us over :)

Desiree Barlow said...

so so excited for you!!

finau said...

So exciting Erica!! What a beautiful home and such a huge yard! Your kids will have such a blast. What a fun new chapter in your life! Love ya!

lindsay eyre said...

Congratulations! We just found your blog. You guys are awesome! You should come see us, (If you are still close. Are you in DC?)
love
Sam and Linds