Pebble Beach
Steve had an awesome opportunity to go and play golf at Pebble Beach in California. He was invited by my Dad ,who was invited by the President of his Company. At first, Steve regretfully told my Dad he wouldn't be able to make it, but then the stars aligned and he was able to get the time off of work to go. So he flew to Utah on Saturday, then on Sunday boarded the Corporate Jet and headed to Pebble Beach with my Dad's boss, my brothers and brother-in-laws, and one of my uncles. After arriving, they checked in at the Resort and had dinner at the Stillwater Restaurant. The next morning they played 18 holes, had lunch at The Grille, and flew back to Utah. Steve then took a red-eye flight home to get to work on Tuesday. It was fabulous to my understanding. My Dad who is an AMAZING golfer and a HUGE golf fan was worn out, but couldn't pass up a "Chance of a Lifetime." I love that my Dad's boss was so generous and kind to treat everyone to this amazing experience. I hope I can be that kind of a person in my own way. To top off the trip Steve received a custom set of Iron's ($700 worth) from my Dad (and Josh who worked so hard to make them). It brings tears to my ears to think of all the kindness. My Dad was making Steve some golf clubs for graduation, but then he got too sick to finish and my brother-in-law came over to help my Dad. I remember in December feeling sad that my Dad would never be able to finish the golf clubs, and now they are done! My heart is so grateful that the men got to go on this fabulous trip. If you don't know much about Pebble Beach, it is $500 a person to play the course, and the U.S. Open will be played there this year-2010. Also lodging isn't cheap- $600 a room. Steve said it was BEAUTIFUL and hopes to take me back there someday. Things only got better when Steve's Dad was able to meet up with Steve on the 16th hole unexpectedly. He lives a few hours away and made the drive to see Steve and the family. Steve's Dad has done a lot of golfing with my Dad and my Uncle. My parents and Steve's parents get along really well ,and I am so grateful they have that relationship. This next week my parents are going to Hawaii and staying in the Dryden's condo. Thank you Drydens, and I am so happy that they get to go on this trip. My Dad is holding and making the best of his time-as best as he can. Remeber not to pass up a "Chance of a Lifetime"!
"Flying high"
Tim (brother-in-law), Steve, Dave (my Dad's boss) and Tyson (my brother)
The Gang
First time and probably last time on a Corporate Jet!
My sweet Dad and Dave- Thank You, Thank You!
10 comments:
I am glad it makes your ears tear up :) Really I am so glad they had a good time. And I will remember for the rest of my life to make sure to take advantage of all my "chance of a lifetime" moments! Love you sister!
Wonderful! So good to see your dad. What a chance of a lifetime, like you said. My dad was as excited for Steve as if it were him.
I'm glad they all were able to go and have a good time. My Dad said it really was a chance of a lifetime!
Yay! I was excited to see that Steve was able to go because I had heard that he couldn't come. So Cool that they could all go together, what great memories! And golf clubs that is awesome I didn't know your Dad was making those, and way to go Josh for stepping up.
Thanks for your kind words. The day was off and on rain but when they were wrapping up the sun broke out. As your dad was leaving the 18th hole he was bearing his testimony to the caddy. The starter must have told the foursomes that were behind your dad that this was a very special day for the foursomes in front and had to have patience. They just hung back while your dad and his group were enjoying this "chance of a lifetime." Your dad's boss was unbelievable. You will always be very successful in life when you treat your employees and those around you the way he did. It was his first time at Pebble too.
Im sitting here at work with tears in my eyes after reading this and seeing the pictures. What a wonderful memory!
What a neat opportunity! So glad Steve was able to be there. We love you guys.
I am so glad Steve got to go and I got to see him for a little while too! Josh had lots of fun too. Dad had mentioned he wanted to the clubs to get done, so Josh was happy to help. Now Josh can help make more!!! Plus it gave Josh and Dad some time together that I know Josh will always remember. We love you guys lots!
I'm crying and speechless! Love your family and so happy that the boys were able to enjoy this "chance of a lifetime". xoxo
How awesome. I remember playing that course on Tiger Woods golf....And glad to see your dad doing so well!
Post a Comment