Monday, January 31, 2011

December and January Just Flew On By!

We had a great December and January. To be honest, both months just flew by for me. We had both Steve's parents and my mom out for Christmas. Sarah turned 8 and was baptized the day after Christmas, and that was the big event that brought the grandparents out. We kept super busy with going to the play Annie on Christmas Eve day, Christmas, the baptism, bowling and to the city to see the lights and trees, Tyler's birthday at Chuck E Cheese's, going to see Rapunzel at the movie theater, and hitting Baltimore and the B & O Train Museum (which we got a year membership to because Tyler LOVED it so much).

We recently had a snowstorm. I am not sure why, but the storms here are weird. Maybe it is because everything freezes so quickly- I mean snow turns to ice and trees begin to fall from snow and rain. Maryland just doesn't do well with snowstorms. Our power went out for 24 hours straight. It got old after a few hours of the house being 55 degrees, not being able to do anything that uses electricity, and not being able to go anywhere because the streets are all a mess. Steve got our generator going as we thought we would be settling in for another night without power when the power came on. Who knows when we may need the generator again, but it might be a good thing to have after all (thanks mom and dad for the generator Christmas gift last year!). It might also be good to keep it in the garage and not the shed so we don't have to lug it across the yard and through the snow when we need it (note to self)!

To top off a week of the kids being out of school (yes really because of the storm) and no power for 24 hours, Steve was in a car accident with his new car. It is really sad because he was SO excited about the car, and it is already gone (after a week). Thank goodness he was not hurt besides the normal wear and tear a body takes in a serious accident. The car held up well and protected him, and possibly saved his life (although we think it is totaled). I am just grateful he is still with us! We are not sure who was at fault with the accident, but DRIVE CAREFULLY has taken on a whole new meaning around here.


Sarah and Dad all ready to go!

Sarah was very excited for her Baptismal Day.

One of the many ways Kate keeps herself entertained. I love her!
Tea party with the stuffed animals.

Sarah's "Grandma with the Ducks" (Grandma Dryden) made this pretty dress
for Sarah for her Baptism Day.

Tyler opening presents. We also watched a friends dog during the Holidays- that is Shadow in the background. Shadow and Tucker had a fun time together.

More presents to open!

The kids in their pajamas from "Grandma in Utah" (Grandma Washburn).
We have funny names for our grandparents don't we!?

Tyler and Dad playing trains and building blocks.

The Capital at Christmas time.

The girls with the Capital Christmas Tree.

Oh how this boy LOVES, LOVES, LOVES trains.

One of the first snowfalls- the kids as happy as can be.

The National Christmas Tree. There was also trains going
around it that THRILLED Tyler. We couldn't get him to leave.

Tyler's Birthday at Chuck E Cheese- best place on earth according to Tyler.

Tyler turning the Big 3!


Christmas Eve - a little dress up for the story of Christ's birth.

Tyler making his first snow angel- on the driveway!

Watching a parade to bring in the Holiday Season.
It was a mistake to bring our dog because he got so scared.
We hid him in a blanket and he liked that.

Cute boy playing with tractors and cars.


My good husband tackling another project of mine.
Down with the plastic sheet ceiling, in with a few new lights.
The old lighting was so UGLY.

Kate made gingerbread houses at her school. It was a cute project.

Santa came to one of the neighborhood homes here for donuts and juice one morning.
The kids loved telling him what was on their wish list.

6 comments:

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

Wow! So much stuff for you guys! Too bad about the car accident but I am glad Steve is okay. We will have to check out the train museum!

Nicole said...

So fun! Cute Post...and Congratulations Sara on your baptism!! Looks like it was a wonderful day!!!

Natalie said...

Such a fun Holiday season for you guys. Congrats Sarah! I love the faces on Tyler and Kate blowing out candles at Chuck-E-Cheese. Such a great picture!

Dana said...

That was fun seeing all those pictures. I love your kids I miss them so much!!!! I am so glad Steve is alright! I hope he can get another car just like his old one.

Laura said...

What GREAT pictures, and a wonderful update on the last few months. I heard about your power outage, that is NOT fun. We're trying to save money and our temp in the house got to 54 degrees the other week, that is not fun either :(
Lots of wrapping in blankets going on here.

Cheryl said...

Oh I love hearing about and seeing your beautiful family. And I LOVE Sarah's pink cowboy boots!! I want a pair too.