Kate cried for 3 hours after school (honestly) today. Oh how pathetic it was! I put her to bed early tonight.
Sweet Megan's orange/red hair is growing and I love it and her. She is easy and plays and crawls all around.
Tyler was helpful today. He helped me in the kitchen for hours as we made dinners -one for ourselves and one for someone in the neighborhood in need.
Megan napped for 3 straight hours while Tyler and I baked and cooked (what a blessing that was).
Sarah asked for help with her math review packet and I couldn't help her. She is doing algebra in 3rd grade and it is too hard for me. I told her to wait for Dad to help. Yikes! She is way too smart and will probably figure it out on her own. Another yikes!
The house is a disaster in only a few short hours. A bucket of water and cars from Tyler playing car wash are near the front door, a deck of cards is scattered from the game "War" that I tried getting the girls to play (however Kate could only cry), dishes are covering the table and counters from dinner, toys from Megan are everywhere, kitchen bowls and chopsticks are in the family room where Tyler played the drums (bowls=drums and chopsticks=drumsticks),wet towels are by the basement door from Megan getting into the dog's water, and the list goes on! Okay hardly a disaster, but looks like a tornado came through the house. Good thing I am quite organized and it will only take a few minutes to clean up!
The days whiz by so fast and I feel like I am not able to savor all the one of a kind moments (hence why I just listed the last few hours). Although 4 kids is not that much, they often make me feel like I have 9. The noise level gets intense with 4 voices! Sheesh! And I love all of it. I really do. I even love that when I was on the phone earlier today Tyler got on my lap and kept covering my mouth so I couldn't talk. He was laughing and thought it was funny. It wasn't funny (I pulled his hand away and told him not to do it), but I really loved it. I know that this time with these little ones is short because the days fly by. Megan is 8 months! Was she not just born yesterday? I will gladly take the frequent night wakings because I know she won't be doing that forever. And then I will wish she was (she is cuddly). I am so thankful to stay at home and be a mom. What a lucky person I am! And the list of all the things I still need to do will get done, just not as fast as I would like it (like painting the bathrooms since we just had the countertops redone and pulled out the ugly boxes around the old lighting).
3 comments:
Erica it sounds like my house! What I want to know is why is my Emma crying so much lately? I really feel for you. Mary and I had this discussion today and she asked me if I love being a mom! I told her I did, but it is the hardest job, but the best job ever! Good job cherishing those moments!
It is so true! All of the things that Truman does that "bug" me, I know I will totally miss when he is a silent teenage boy. We miss you guys!
Sounds like a busy life! I think the same thing about waking up in the night because they do grow so fast! Love you guys and your Christmas card was awesome-when did you have time for that:)
Post a Comment