Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We have been BUSY!

We have been up to A LOT! We moved! It has been a lot of work, but it is SO worth it. I love the extra space and a real yard. The house is a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely. I have lost a lot of sleep over it, but all is working out...as it always does. We have had some big rainstorms this summer and some beautiful rainbows. I took this picture because I love rainbows and I wish we saw them more often. I love that God created them to remind us he will never flood the earth again.




Moving was more stressful than I thought it would be. I have not moved us since we moved to dental school 7 years ago and life was much simpler back than. Lets just say I hope we never have to move ourselves again. I had some sweet friends offer to help with the girls and many of the tasks that come along with moving, but of course I took it upon myself to do it all myself. I am not good with taking help. Anyway, it all worked out. The girls had fun with the experience (I think). The best part was riding in the truck with Dad to return it.


This is our new house for the next 2 years. It fits us well. It is not that big, but double the size of our last home. The first night here Steve laid in bed and said, "I feel like we live in a mansion!" Our bedroom size about doubled, and that is good because all we could do in our last bedroom was sleep!



There have been a lot of toads around. The girls caught a baby one the other day and it kept them busy and entertained while I began chopping down the overgrown backyard.



We have a deck in the backyard and the bottom portion was covered with this ugly fence/gazebo like material. Steve tore it down and when we began to clean out the underneath area we found this nest of baby bunnies. We tried to not disturb them so the mother would keep caring for them. A few days ago I uncovered it and it was empty. I looked around the yard and found 2 of them in the grass and bush area. I hope they are big enough to survive on their own. I am not sure if they are going back to sleep in the hole/nest at night or what. These wild bunnies were so cute and little. This picture is of the bunnies snuggled in the ground.


Right out our backyard is a little park for the community. We just open a little gate from the back of our fence and we are there. So basically have our own swing set here (one thing less we need to get!)

Thank goodness for swimming pools. They have saved me in the summer ever since Sarah was born. Sarah is actually getting to be a really good swimmer. I think the others will be following in her footsteps. Our community has a swim team and next year Sarah and Kate will be participating. It will be a lot of fun.

3 kids bathing after an afternoon of swimming!

We had fun on the 4th! Our ward had a yummy pancake breakfast in the morning and then we did fireworks with some friends that evening. The show was enjoyed by all. This is the first year here we went some where for fireworks. We usually just put the kids to bed, but Sarah and Kate really wanted to see them! I did too!



This is an older/random picture, but one day the girls got into my slips/skirts and came down wearing their new latest fashion. They are creative and LOVE to play dress ups!

And that is what has been going on lately. Yikes it is a lot! I am trying to find a balance of spending time fixing up the house and playing with the kids. I just hope the next house we rent or buy does not need much work, or that I can hire people to do the work for me! Now that would be the life!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Erica, I could've sworn I left a comment yesterday when I saw this... weird. Your house is darling. I am so interested because being in the same neck of the woods, I can really picture your family there now. I can't wait to see MORE pictures... or when we come to visit will even be better. See you soon.

amy and josh said...

Everything looks great! I am so glad you guys are able to spread out! I can't believe how big Tyler is! We miss you lots and love you too!

cheryl said...

Love your house. And your family. The girls and Tyler look so cute. I ditto your moving experience. This was by far our worst one. Very exhausting, and we only moved 2 streets away!

cheryl said...

One more thing, I just read Steve's, Billy Joe Dean comment and can't stop laughing!! that is so funny.

Dana said...

Your house is nice and big! That is so great. The girls look cute as always as well as Tyler, what a cute boy! Love you guys!