Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Days

The other day Sarah and Kate were playing at a their friend Alicia's house, and they decided to get into the little pool in the backyard. They didn't have their swimsuits with them, so they were going to borrow Alicia's. Alicia gave them a 2 piece swimsuit and they told her they couldn't wear it. They told her they could only wear swimsuits that cover their tummy's. So Alicia found a 1 piece swimsuit for them. When I came to pick up Sarah and Kate, Alicia's dad told me this story. I am so proud of them! They know our standards about being modest and follow them. I grew up with this rule and at times hated it. I thought my mom just didn't understand. Now I understand what she was teaching me back then. And now I am grateful for the standards she enforced as I see the importance for them and want my girls to grow up being modest.
Tyler is now sitting up and rolling over. Oh, how I love this phase! It seems like things get a little easier once they hit 6 months. Tyler is such a sweet baby and so pleasant. He is starting to fall into a routine and even sleep a little more! He is playing with toys and seems so interesed in everything around him. He brings such a sweet spirit into our home. Sarah and Kate are really good about helping me with him too.

4 comments:

Dana said...

That is very cute about Sara and Kate. I know my mom tried to enforce that rule upon me, but I didn't listen. I hope our kids will listen to me and the teachings of the gospel. Tyler is such a cutie!!

cheryl said...

What a sweet story. We sure love your family and miss you so much.

The Fisher's said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Since I hardly ever see you guys it seems like they grew up overnight!! That is the cutest story about the swimsuits :) Hannah actually has the same one the girls are wearing in the pictures, you have to love Target!! I hope you are all doing well!
-Tanya (your long lost cousin!!!)

Laura said...

Way to Go Sara! I hope you'll always keep that standard... it'll get a little harder when you're older, but if you decided what your standards are right now- it will be a piece of cake to choose the right! We love you and we're proud of you!