Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School

Sarah started Kindergarten. Here in Maryland it is all day. She is happy to be in school. I must admit it has been a little hard to drop her off though. I have had tears in my eyes and a few lumps in my throat to swallow down. I took her to preschool last year, but that was easy. Maybe part of the difference is that now I drop her off at the school entrance and she makes her way herself to class. In preschool I was able to go into the classroom, and I saw that she hung up her bag, found her seat, and was well adjusted before I left. Now she has to do all that all by herself. My baby is growing up! I can't imagine how I am going to feel when she goes off to college or gets married. I imagine I will be a wreck! I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with my children and experience all these moments.


4 comments:

cheryl said...

Sarah looks so sweet and so grown up for her first day of kindergarten! Did she like it? I can't believe you can't walk in with her. That would be hard on me too.

Lollidale Farm said...

Hey, Erica! I found your blog! What cute first-day-of-school pictures! I can't wait to get the girls together again. :) In case you haven;t found my blog yet...it's 1momof5.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Sarah, you are so beautiful and sweet. I can't believe that you go to ALL DAY kindergarten... you are so big! What is your teacher's name? Do you like her? Thomas starts kindergarten in one week. I think he is excited too. We love you so much!
ps, tell your mom she looks really pretty in the picture of you three at the school.

amy and josh said...

How cute is Sarah! I know it isn't fun dropping off your baby! I am just glad Jaxson is in good hands!