Steve's Dad's Uncle Vic passed away over a year ago and left his car to Steve. Steve is so pleased and honored to have been given this car. Steve's middle name is Victor, after Uncle Vic. I asked Betty why he left it for Steve and sweet Betty said that Steve was the only one that showed great interest in the car. Which is true! While we lived in California when Steve was in dental school, we had the oppotunity to frequently visit Unlce Vic and Aunt Betty. Steve would always ask how the Mustang was and ask to see it, or Unlce Vic would say do you want to see it? And of course Steve would say yes and talk about what a cool car it was. When we heard Uncle Vic passed away, Steve immediately turned to me and said I wonder if we could buy the car? Of course he wasn't really serious because that was not a wise financial move for us at the time, but it was a dream of Steve's. The next day Steve's dad called to tell him Uncle Vic left him the Mustang. It brought Steve to tears and he is so thankful and humbled Uncle Vic left him the car. So last summer we towed the car to Steve's parents home in the Bay area where they kept it until we could bring it out here. So now Steve's other classic car has been kicked out of the garage for the Mustang. Oh, you are wondering what other classic car we have right? It is the Mazdza 626! They don't make 626's anymore and it is 7 years old. I think Steve thinks I am going to make him keep it till it becomes a REAL classic. Don't worry Steve, I won't- just 2 more years! Actually it is a great car-looks good and runs fine.
So yesterday we cleaned the car and took it out for a few drives. It was fun and I think we got some of the excitement out of us for a while (at least I did). I still prefer my car and all its features. Steve was lucky enough to have the day off since he started a new rotation and the person he is working with had a meeting to attend.
Steve and Aunt Betty when she gave the car to Steve. It was very hard for her since she and Uncle Vic had this car from about 1968. We love Aunt Betty.
Mike, Aunt Betty, and Steve. Mike is so kind and loving with Aunt Betty and always has been. He has set such an example for me in the way he cares for others.
This is when the car was picked up in CA. It then loaded to a big semi full of cars going across the country. Tyler is the safest one in the car! He has a car seat harness. The rest of us just have lap belts and that is a luxury for this car. Isn't he cute? I just love this sweet boy.
The car has 4 seat belts. So Sarah and Kate shared.
Let the Good Times Roll!
7 comments:
I love this post. We are so happy for your new arrival and I love the pictures. What a cute family you have.
I don't get it because I am absolutely positive I left a comment last time I looked on your blog about this. That is so weird. I even double checked it and it was there. Erica, are you deleting my comment? (:
Anyway,I love this post. I am so glad that Steve finally got the car and I just love seeing your cute little family in it!
We love you all.
Erica- so cute. I love the last picture the best... Steve and the girls look like they are genuinely thrilled to be in the car, so cute!! We're excited for your "new arrival" :)
cheryl, I am having the same problem, I think blogger sometimes takes a while for posts to appear...
Erica that is so fun. It will be fun to see it in person next month. Tim will be jealous but we are happy for you...it really is a nice car!
So sweet of you and Steve to watch John & Laura's kids. Wish we could have been there with you.
P.S. I'm sure you were glad we weren't there, just thought about how crazy 13 kids would have been. (:
Post a Comment