Friday, September 19, 2008
What a Week!
I have had my sister and her sweet family visiting for the past week. It has been a lot of fun and a little crazy. Tyler came down with a fever last Saturday night, and on Tuesday morning (5 AM) I arrived in the ER with him. His fever had been so high for days and wasn't going away. He was miserable and so was I. I left my kids with my sister, as Steve goes to work at 5AM (yes that early!) I am so glad she was there to help me out. They gave Ty Tylenol and Motrin at the same time to bring down his fever and it worked. But he also had a high heart rate and high breathing respirations. So immediately he had a chest x-ray (checking for fluid in the lungs), blood drawn, and an IV to hydrate him. Wow, that makes a mother cry. All turned out well. He was put on antibiotics for a red ear. Yesterday he had a rash since the fever is now gone, which makes me think it was Roseola. His white blood cell count came back low, and so we knew it was mainly viral all along. He is feeling so much better and we all can tell. He smiles and is happy again! YEAH! I will write more about having Lisa and Tim here later (since they are still here and I am short on time). The picture of Ty is not great because my battery on my camera was dead, but I got my camera to turn on for a split second so I could take his picture (once he was feeling somewhat better of course).


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yikes! That sounds scarey! Glad he's feeling better. Have fun with Lisa in town and let us know when you'll be here so we can set up a time to see you! :)
ahh, poor Tyler! I am so glad he is feeling better and that you had your sister there to help you with the kids.
Poor little guy! That is such a cute picture of him! Hope he is feeling better!
Tyler is SO adorable in that picture - very sad, but he looks so cute! I'm glad he is feeling better!
I hope Tyler are feeling better! We are counting down the days until we get to see you guys! Love ya and take care!!!
oh my goodness! How did I miss this post?? I didn't even know, poor Tyler. Is he okay now? Give him a big kiss from us. Love you.
Post a Comment