Sunday, February 7, 2010

SNOWED IN


We have so much snow! It started a little over a week ago with a decent size snowstorm for our area. Church was cancelled, but the sun came out and melted it all. Then a few days ago we received a little more. School was cancelled. The kids enjoyed building snowmen and sledding in the backyard. And then yesterday we were left with about 30 inches! School got out early, businesses closed early, church was cancelled, and the whole city shut down. We still can't go anywhere as our street has not been touched. We heard the main streets right outside our terrace are clear, or being cleared. I think school may be cancelled for several days. Steve may be walking out our street and trying public transportation tomorrow if we still have not been cleared. Meanwhile, the kids(I mean Sarah and Kate- Tyler is not up for the cold snow)have had a blast going out in the snow. They last as long as their hands and feet stay dry and then run inside asking for hot chocolate and the heater. So my job has been keeping the floors dry, drying snow clothes, and taking care of the little ones. Steve's job is to clear the driveway- which he did several times to try to keep up with the inches. It isn't as easy as it sounds since back here we never get snow like this. We actually have to clear all that snow by HAND! Or I should say Steve does! Oh, and I can't forget to mention the snow tunnel Steve built for the kids. Aren't husbands the greatest?!











10 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

It has been fun to be snowed in huh? Its a shame Steve has to go to work tomorrow though! Enjoy the snow!

Mike and Gloria said...

This has been quite the winter for you! I have never seen so much snow! What fun for the kids -- tunnels and all. We love you guys so much!!!!!

amy and josh said...

I can't believe how much snow you got! That is awesome! I wish I could get out of school too (but I wouldn't want to make it up)! I love the snow tunnels, reminds me of the awesome things we used to do in the snow. Love you all and stay warm (oh and tell Tyler thanks again for talking to me, I loved it!).

Dana said...

How fun! I'm sure your sick of it now though! Is your street cleared now? How did Steve get to work? The tunnel looks so fun!

Erica said...

Dana, we got cleared out Sunday night. Seriously, the snow was so heavy and icy. Steve's work was closed as well as all other federal government jobs, so he got to stay home! We miss you Dana!

Natalie said...

Wow! I am glad you have power though. I had heard reports that many areas were without power. It looks like fun! Meanwhile we are left high and dry. We have grass instead of snow! What's up with that!

Cheryl said...

That is incredible!! I love the snow tunnel Steve built. I cannot believe how much snow you have gotten. It looks beautiful!

Katie said...

Looks like the kids are having a great time with it and that is all that matters right? Hope you guys are all doing OK with the next storm coming too.

finau said...

Erica, your family is so beautiful! I also love the family picture with your dad. Thoughts and prayers with you still! Love ya!

Laura said...

WOW! I have to say, that was the worst winter of my life... I felt like that picture of Tyler where he is laying face down on the floor!!! :)
What an incredible snow tunnel!!! And your dog is adorable... not to mention your adorable kids as well. We think Eve is looking more like Sarah everyday!