We have been enjoying ourselves with this warm weather. Here are a bunch of photos of things we have been doing and some updates.
The girls had their ballet recital and it went wonderful. Sarah finished soccer and has begun swim practice every afternoon with the swim team. Tyler and Kate get to swim while she practices so it makes for a great afternoon activity-especially with all the hot, muggy weather we have had.
Tyler is potty trained and made it so easy I don't know how it happened! What a relief that is over with, especially with all the swimming we do.
Kate finished preschool and I am THRILLED. Her attending preschool made me feel like a taxi with all the running back and forth and the time it took. Next time the preschool has to be a lot closer. I am excited for a schedule that is open, not busy, busy.
Sarah and Kate participated in a run called Kids On The Run a little while ago. Kate ran a 1/2K (under a 1/2 mile) and Sarah ran a 2K (a little over 1 1/2 miles). The picture of Sarah is kind of funny because it shows how tired she was. She ran really fast and exhausted herself too early. They tried to warn the kids to start slow, but they all bolted so fast. She was running about an 8 minute mile.
We went to do our annual pick of fresh strawberries. Oh they were so good! I thought I would make some freezer jam, but they disappeared before I could. I should go back for more and try again.
And last but not least, we brought out the bikes for Memorial Day weekend. One day we all rode to the store to get the dishwasher detergent we ran out of and kept forgetting to buy. Then we took them down to the Great Falls Park that runs by the Potomac and the beautiful Great Falls there. It was really fun. The canal the bike trail runs by goes all the way up to Pittsburgh. I met 3 guys who rode for 5 days from Pittsburgh all the way down to the Potomac-Bethesda. They were Dad, Son, and Son-in-Law. I love it! They stopped and ate meals at restaurants and slept in hotels. I am not sure if they washed their clothes or what. But they were so nice and inspiring! We finished off the weekend with a BBQ and campfire for S'mores with Steve's cousin Marianne and her family, and his cousin Tina and her family that were in town for the weekend. It was great! Happy Summertime!
The "I'm A Big Boy Now!"
The girls after our bike ride.
Kate and her preschool teachers.
The man that does all the work on the bike rides!
Us in our safety helmets!
Cute Kate picking strawberries.
Steve takes these pictures, can you tell?
It is the angle of "I am up here and you are down there."
Sarah after her run.
Sarah at the end of her run. For full effect, click to enlarge!
Kate coming in after her run.
She started to cry right after because she said she was tired.
The girls-ready to run
5 comments:
This is such a great update of your family! Sarah, Kate, and Tyler are so cute! Congratulations on potty training Tyler! Wow, that must feel awesome. I love that you all rode your bikes to get dish detergent. Tell Sarah and Kate i am so proud of them for running such a long way!
I just love your family so much!!! That picture of Sarah is such a crack up. Sweet girl. She is a fast runner!! What fun things you are doing. I can't believe Tyler is potty trained. I have tried with Sadie but she totally freaks out when I sit her on the toilet. We even bought her a little one, freaked out again. Love everything about this post!!
Erica! You look so pretty I just have to tell you.
If you go back for more berries, can we come :) ?? We had so much fun with you guys doing that a couple years ago.
Good for your kids doing the fun run, maybe you've started something there.
That was a great story about the men bikers... that actually sounds really fun to not even change your clothes for five days... just biking everyday.
Thanks for posting your update. You guys are doing such fun things! By the way you look fabulous covered in mud! A funny thing happened the other day...We went to get an ice cream for family night and I swear we saw Steve's parents go through the drive up. Were they in town visiting Steve's sister? Anyway, made me think of you guys and miss you. Lots of love and hope things are good for you.
Yeah for the runners, Sarah and Kate, that you kept going even when you were sooooooo tired! Yeah for Tyler, who is potty-trained! Yeah for the ballerinas and the bicyclests and the strawberry pickers and the swimmers! What a busy, busy family. We love you sooooo much! Next big goal: moving into your house?
Post a Comment