Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Never A Dull Moment Around Here

Don't you hate it when you look at your calendar and think, "Oh good, this week shouldn't be so busy!" And then no later than 5 seconds after you say that the week starts to fill up with way too much! I am trying to adjust to that happening versus the days when I had one child and NOTHING to do (I was bored I remember). I guess it is because I can't say no to anything (like campaigning for a friend for the school board on election day, which means I have to get a babysitter for my kids as well as end up serving as team captain to other volunteers that day too). Then I think everything has to be just perfect and right now, equaling exhausting myself by going the extra mile in all I do. Really, I should let the crumbs just sit in the car for a few days, but I can't. Or does the driveway really need to be power washed for 3 hours in cold weather (it really did, trust me- humid weather here means mold and mildew growth even on concrete)? And do the new blinds really have to be put up by me for another 3 hours late at night (Steve was out of town)? I guess that is just how women are and that is what makes us amazing!

So here are a few photos of some fun things we have been up to. I don't think you would want to see the not so fun things I seem to generally fill my days with. Although I love the little things kids do each day that are so sweet like Tyler calling his blanket "Dranket", the girls playing in the backyard with the trees and their made up game "Chick A Boom Boom". I don't have pictures of those sweet moments, but I do love them, the little things each and every day.

Halloween! Steve dressed as a nerd. Too bad you can't see how short his pants looked. And those are real glasses the Army issues to this day for the time you might spend in the field (minus the tape of course, but still! Yuck! Click on the picture to enlarge and see better). I put on a witch's hat! Sarah was a cowgirl, Kate Dorothy, and Tyler the infamous Dragon (he has been that before, plus my mom made the costume for my brothers 20 years ago)

The gang!


Carving pumpkins was fun. Steve gets creative with the kids and they love it. I did Tyler's and it was very traditional and boring, which makes it unique too I guess.


My college roommate was married last month in Texas.
Steve and I were able to make this fun event.
The kids stayed with John and Laura- Thank You!


Ben and Laura!


I met Steve because of Laura and my other roommate Alissa. They had the same major and classes together. I guess I owe them for introducing me to this great man!
Love birds at the San Antonio Temple!


Laura and me hanging out the night before she got married.
Of course we ate great BBQ for dinner, it's TEXAS! And had a HUGE bonfire afterwards and nobody called the fire department when the flames were as tall as the house, it's TEXAS!

Steve and I at the Alamo. We were here 5 years ago when Steve did his officers training for 3 months here in San Antonio. We love it there.


In September we made it to Williamsburg for our annual trip. Tyler LOVED the train at Busch Gardens, as well as all the rides and fun of the day!


The next day we went to Virginia Beach. We were lucky enough to see some awesome sand sculptures as it was a festival weekend. Plus it was very warm and the water was the only way to stay cool that day.

The kiddies enjoying the rides. I think Sarah and Kate did this ride straight for about an hour- not kidding! It helps to go to Busch Gardens when everyone else is in school.

Kate at the beach.


The girls together, being best friends.

5 comments:

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

What fun adventures! Your kids are so cute. We miss you guys, we should get together some night.

Mike and Gloria said...

We love the pictures! Sarah, Kate, and Tyler looked so cute all ready for Halloween. You are one busy woman, Erica!!! We love you guys and can't wait to see you SOON.

Cheryl said...

I love all of these pictures! We miss you guys.

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Love these pictures- you look fantastic! When do you find out what you are having?!? How is the Olney ward? So crappy that you are there without us!

Laura said...

So glad you were able to go, looks like you had fun :)