Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An Old Love Letter

A few years ago Steve had to work in New Jersey for 2 months. I can't believe I survived that. It was hard. Here is an email/letter he sent me when he was in NJ. I was deleting old emails the other day and saw this...I still have it in my email inbox. Happy Valentine's Day Steve! You're the BEST!


Just some things that are on my mind:

I love you so much. I love that you are so good with the children. You love and care for them so much, even when they are the biggest pains. I love that you teach them to be good. I love that you teach them to help you around the house and show respect for each other, for you and me, and for the things that we have. I love that Sarah wants to stay up late to help you, just so she doesn't have to go to bed. I love how when Kate sleeps that she doesn't move at all throughout the night (or so it seems --> at least until she wakes up and decides to climb into bed with you). I love that you so lovingly take Kate back to her bed (at least most of the time). I don't love that Tyler wakes up multiple times in the night, and that you end up getting up with him often. I do love that he loves you so much. He wants to be wherever you go. I love that you are on this eating healthy kick and that you want us all to be healthy too. I love that you always show so much love to me and I hope that I show you that I love you in return. I love that you like to keep things nice and clean, even if that means going and getting the car washed with the 3 kids and waiting for over a half an hour in line with multiple cars in front of you. I love that (or at least I remember thinking it was cute) that you would get down on your hands and knees every night while we lived in the townhome to clean the kitchen floor (actually I am glad that you don't do that every night now - at least not that I know of). I love that you are so kind to everyone. I love that you keep in touch with our old neighbors (even the ones in Culver City - Edelle (sp?), Agnes, Gary and Penny). I love that you take the children to the park and let them play for hours on end. I love that you read your scriptures and that you take time to write about the things that are on your mind (either from the scriptures or other things as well). I love to hear your voice after a days work, even though I only get to hear your voice and not see you while I am up here. I love that you are so supportive of me --> I need to be more supportive of you. I love that when I am at home and working late, that often you try to time dinner so that we can all eat it when I get home, or that you and I will eat it together (if the kids already had). I love that you are frugal and always are conscientious about our money. But I also love that you always like to look beautiful and that you help the girls be beautiful also. I love that you teach Kate in Joyschool (like you don't have enough things going on). I love that you read with Sarah and help her to develop such a great self esteem. I love that you encourage our children to be productive (and that you encourage me to be productive for that matter). I love that I am married to you. I hope that you will always know that.

I Love You!

-Your totally cute babe of a husband

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! No wonder he holds your hand on the back of the pew in church. What a sweet letter. You are a lucky girl.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful. We sure love both of you.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU MORE STEVEN VICTOR. NOT TO TAKE AWAY FROM THAT NICE NOTE, BUT CLINTY REALLY LOVES STEVEN. WHAT UP DOC?>>>

LOVE CLINTY