I picked up the girls at the bus stop yesterday, (which is a rare thing given that Megan is often napping at that time and Tyler becomes uncooperative about going down the street) and was so impressed to hear the girls getting off the bus and saying,"Thank you Miss Linda." I taught them to always say thank you to her whenever they get off the bus. I was glad to see they always do it! As the children filed off the bus, my girls were the ONLY ones to be heard thanking her for the service she provided. I was proud and impressed. All the work I am doing is paying off! And I have good girls! I love these moments.
Last year Sarah switched classes for Reading. Her reading teacher, Mrs. Lawrence, told me at our conference that Sarah was a delight and that Sarah came up to her and thanked her for teaching her every day after class. She said she had not ever had a student so thoughtful. Another happy moment!
*Don't get me wrong, there are many moments I and my children don't say thank you properly. But I am hoping to improve!
4 comments:
I love this. I want to start teaching Jillian to say thank you also. they are such wonderful girls!
So great! You really do have good girls!
Awww, you have such sweet girls. Can't wait to see you guys!
That's awesome! I have a few students (well twins) that are so sweet this year. In the 7 years I have taught I have never received a thank you card for the Christmas gift (usually a book and candy cane) until this year. I was touched! Saying thank you can go a long way! Way to be girls!
Post a Comment