Monday, March 4, 2013

My Megan

I began writing this a year ago and never finished. I found it saved in my blog. Megan is now almost 3 years old.  I will let be and add more another time!

How did it happen?  Where did all the time go?   I wanted to document so much and yet did SO LITTLE! So here goes her life in one blog post!

Megan has been such a JOY!  She is almost 2!  We love her so much. She is just so sweet (and I really mean that).  She is easygoing-for the most part. She does demand to buckle herself up in her car seat which is her only downfall to claiming the title easygoing free and clear!  She loves a challenge and the car seat is one for sure.  So when I am in a hurry (when am I not in a hurry?) it is hard to be patient and let her do her car seat at her pace.  However, Megan is fast at buckling up now!  She is persistent.  Megan has loved dancing from the moment she figured out her body could move (probably when she started walking).  If music was on, she was moving to the beat (or her beat).  Sometimes she looked rather silly, but she loves to move when music is on and I am sure she was a dancer in heaven.  Megan  did not say much till about 17 months (maybe that is why I consider her easygoing!).  I was actually getting worried and one day while I was playing with her we were working on animal noises and she began to copy me.  I was so excited!  We then made animal sounds for everyone for quite sometime.  Then Megan picked up her siblings names.  Oh, I must back track and say Megan had known the dogs name since she was I think 9 months old.  She has always said Tucker.  I think this is because Tucker's name is said more than anybody else's name.  That darn dog!  Back to the names.  She calls Tyler "Ty-Ty", Kate "Katie", Sarah "Ra-Ra", Mom "Mama", and Dad "Dada".  I have tried to get her to say "Mommy" or "Daddy" and she just repeats the regular "Mama" or "Dada". It makes me wonder how exactly they learn all this language there is to learn.

Megan had been a pretty good sleeper.  She is so easy to put down. I just lay her down and leave, practically.  So many of the other kids had to be laid by or rocked to sleep.  It is so great to just say good night.  The other night Megan discovered she could reach her light switch.

No comments: