Thursday, June 26, 2014

End of School and Summer Begins

Sarah finished 5th grade here in Maryland. 6th grade is in middle school and to honor the children the elementary school holds a promotion ceremony. It was nice and we are proud of Sarah for all her efforts and hard work at school. She was picked for a few special awards too. She excels academically and teachers always love her leadership and good character.  One of her 2nd grade teachers who is now retired came and reminded me of how she still remembers and felt so good because Sarah would always thank her for teaching her reading each day as she left her reading class. 

                  Beautiful Sarah

          Best friends Annie and Lana
   Glad Dad could make it the ceremony!
Mom and daughter....I think we look a little alike.

         Best friends Katie and Jordyn

Tyler was celebrated too. They had a celebration for finishing Kindergarten. Steve's parents were in town and came to see him at school too. 
         Grandma, Tyler, and Grandpa!


We are awaiting Baby Boy's arrival any day now and I made this nursing cover . I am quite proud of myself because I really don't know how to sew. It turned out perfectly though.


Some good Mormon friends that lived in our neighborhood recently moved away. We will miss the Trousdale's.



Megan loves swimming at the pool and recently discovered she is not afraid of frogs and loves to play with them. This frog even jumped on her nose right between her eyes and she gently and calmly pulled it off. I would have screamed. They are cute though.

                      Fun times!

Tyler joined the junior swim team this year at Ashton pool. He was very nervous for his first day, but did great and is loving it. Sarah and Kate are doing the team too. It is good for them. They do swim practice daily for about an hour, and then they do 30 minutes of exercises to strengthen their muscles afterwards. It is hard work, but I know it is so good for them for many reasons.
            Tyler doing streamline.

        Sarah swimming at time trials.
          Kate at morning practice.
             Kate off and away!




No comments: