We had a 4 day weekend and decided to head to Garmich-Partenkirchen. This is 5 hours away from our home. We picked it because we heard it was a great area to go with kids and it wasn't too far for travel with the baby...or the rest of the rugrats!
We first stopped at the castles. What magnificent castles and beauty surrounding them. We took a carriage ride to one of the castles. It felt a little like Cinderella going to the ball. We spoiled ourselves. Neuschwanstein- the Disney castle.
Having fun. This selfie picture was taken on a bridge over a gorge. AMAZING!
The next day we hiked around Lake Eibsee. I wanted to go all around the lake, but after 45 minutes and only getting a 1/3 of the way, Steve convinced me I wasn't being sensible. And that was true. The kids were playing so much. I kept saying,"Come on, we need to walk." It was better to play.
4 of the 5!
Throwing rocks in the water. Thanks Dad!
After the lake we had a picnic. Here is Landon hanging out with us.
This picture is funny. Kate sleeps with her eye mask every night. She is adorable! I will say we were all exhausted by the end of the day.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! I loved reading your posts! So glad you are enjoying it there! It is SOOO beautiful there!! Makes me miss Europe so much!! Let me know when you are planning to go to Switzerland and we can tell you some of our favorite places! Funny story- you know all of those cool decorative fountains that you can drink from? Well when we moved back to the States, we were walking in Cape May and I turned around to find Sam drinking from one....all gross completely filled with algea! I yelled so loud for him to stop and everyone turned to look at us! I had to explain that you can't drink from those in the US! Wait until you are in the Alps and see little trowels you can drink from!
Lovely pictures Erica! Thanks for keeping us up to date. We love looking and reading through your blog. Lots of love and kisses! Atiya + family
Post a Comment