We had a good week, despite Steve being gone. He sure misses us and home, and we miss him! 9 weeks to go. That sounds so long. Can't even imagine a deployment. We started the week off with 8 inches of snow. It melted quickly thank goodness and the kids have been playing outside whenever possible. Yesterday I found a snake and gave it to the kids to play with. Tyler and Kate loved it. They made it a house and found food for it. I think they spent 4 hours doing this.
Just a little, friendly snake to play with for the day!
Kate's birthday was yesterday, March 22nd. She is 9 years old. She is a joy.
Kate and Sarah this past summer when they flew to Utah by themselves.
Kate is my creative child. She can always find something to do or make. She has imaginary friends too. She doesn't mind playing by herself or being alone. She can ALWAYS find something to occupy herself. She loves to sew and we bought her fabrics and sewing supplies for her birthday. Kate is sensitive. She means to please others in her quiet own way. She doesn't like to be rushed, but has learned the world doesn't revolve around her schedule. She loves horse back riding. She doesn't love swim team in the summers. She hates cold water. She likes to do HER best and competition doesn't drive her. She is playing the piano, but mostly because we want her to. I hope she is willing to stick with it for many more years. She is playing well. Kate is a good student and is an obedient, beautiful girl. I'm grateful for her and to be her mother.
Here is to another good week with the kids.





1 comment:
I miss you all too much! Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Daughter Kate. Hopefully I will see you all soon.
Post a Comment