Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It Is Over!

Well Steve is on his way home from Texas today. It has been the best of times, and the worst of times. I feel a little bit of sadness that I had to do so much on my own. It was so hard! Mostly because I am pregnant and physically unable to do so much....and yet I did or had to. I pushed myself too much, which ended with me feeling so exhausted each evening and tears often followed that. If I had to do it again, I would not have had the house go for sale on my own. But there wasn 't a better time as I am due in nearly 4 weeks.  2 and a 1/2 months of being everything for 4 little ones at the same time has its toll on a person as well. I felt I was letting my kids down too many times. There was kindness shown by many and with Heavenly Father on my side, I made it!  However, I NEVER want to repeat this again. My heart goes out to military families who have several deployments. Especially when the soldier does not come home in the end. Such tragedies. I wouldn't be feeling this way if Steve was doing great things in Texas, but he wasn 't. 10 weeks of nonsense in my opinion. Yes Steve learned a few things, but he really just wants to practice oral surgery. And he wasn't doing that there. So much time was wasted and the burdens all put on me. I hate the military for that part. WASTE. There is too much of it in government. I filled out surveys about the hardship this puts on families...separation. No one should be put through that unnecessarily. And I think this was one of those times.
Now that I have complained and ranted,  I will move on. I just hated hearing about all the time Steve was fine dinning, golfing, and visiting friends in Texas. Week ...after...week. What a terrible Captain's Career Course they made him take....and our family to have to endure. When I first heard of this course he had to take to stay in, I said no. Then I decided to not let 2 and a 1/2 months of Steve being gone change if we moved to Germany or not. I guess in a few years I will know if it was really worth it. I think mostly I just need a break right now. 

Kate was in a musical at school called We Haz Jazz. It was very cute. She was so into it and played Billie Holiday. 

Kate sang and played her part with such enthusiasm. I loved it!

The girls had a Piano Recital. They are doing so well with their music lessons.  Sarah received first place for her efforts and a medal for knowing all the chords.

               Mrs. Roys and students.

       Kate and Megan playing together!

Megan and Tucker hanging out. And Megan was drinking her chocolate milk!

No comments: