Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

We had a great Sunday. The kids looked adorable.


Tyler woke up early and could hardly wait to see what the Easter Bunny left him.
                    Easter Baskets!
                      So happy!
                     Lots of treats!

Steve has been gone for 5 weeks. The time has gone by quite quickly, but I can't wait for him to be home.
Our house went for sale. That made it a hard week as we had pictures taken and showings, and the kids were out of school for Spring Break. The kids were quite understanding and helpful though. They are good cleaners.
Yesterday we did an Easter Egg Hunt with our friends, The Malik's. The kids loved it. Then we went for ice cream and to play at the park. This was mostly because we couldn't be at our home. I am grateful my dear friend Atiya opens her home to us as if it was our own.
                 Ready, Set, Go!
                       Cutest girl!
                 Sarah and Soha.
                 Fun with friends.
                    My monkey!

I am grateful for my blessings. They definitely outweigh my hardships. I am grateful to have the church in my life and for the Savior. I thought today about why I am a member in this day and age, and the thought occurred to me that it is to prepare my children for the 2nd Coming of Christ. The Lord is depending upon me to prepare my children to be missionaries and faithful members. Last night we read scriptures and had a nice time discussing how the Lord forgives over and over Lehi's family, and then blesses them over and over when they repent over and over. I likened it to how parents forgive their children when they do something wrong, and we still love our children over and over. We talked about how much God really loves us. It was a neat family time. It seems we have been having a lot deeper discussions as the children get older, and it is nice to see the light bulbs going on in each one and the spirit witnessing to us all that these things are true. 

No comments: