We went to a Tractor and Steam Engine Show this past Saturday. It should be called the, "Old Timers Show" since most of the people there are elderly. We had a nice time though, as it was a beautiful spring day.
We will miss them when they move to California.
This week is Spring Break for the kids. We don't have any big plans, mostly relaxing and playing with friends. Or should I say mostly me trying to keep the kids busy and the house clean! My body is already asking me to do less. Sometimes just walking feels impossible, like the baby is ready to drop out. That is not a good feeling. I start watching my blood sugar levels tomorrow. I will pick up my supplies for Gestational Diabetes. I have 10 weeks to go and will have to watch what I eat since my body is not taking up my natural insulin. Unfortunately being everything to the kids and having to take care of everything around the house is wearing me out. It would be a lot for someone not pregnant. A friend brought us dinner this past Sunday and it was delicious and so appreciated. I am grateful for these kind acts in my life.
A friend of mine knows a family in Virginia that lost everything in a house fire, including their 6 month old baby. The baby was the youngest of 5 children. I told the children about this tragedy and we discussed what the family must be feeling, as well as what we would do in a situation like this. The kids all wanted to donate their own money to help this family. I am grateful this story touched all our hearts, despite the sadness of it. It is another story you cannot imagine having to ever experience. We are praying for the Avery Family too.
Sweet Tyler made this paper airplane for me and I just love it.







No comments:
Post a Comment